2011년 5월 5일 목요일

Mid-term presentation




“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
“No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

“Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli


“Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” – Mark Jenkins

댓글 4개:

  1. I could really feel the passion you have about traveling. I've always wanted to visit Brazil (especially Rio de Janeiro), but I haven't had the chance to yet. :) By the way, what does 'Cada dia' mean? Is it a Colombian word?

    답글삭제
  2. Hi Haeun! I was also curious about the term, so I googled it and found out that it means "every day". Am I right, Gabriel? Anyway, I was inspired by your first quote!

    답글삭제
  3. Rio de Janeiro... very nice city...
    If you wanna enjoy there, you should visit in Samba festival!!!
    There are so many Papasitos y mamasitas...
    'cada dia'is spanish word, it means 'every day or each day'!!!
    Elena is right.!! good job.

    답글삭제